Friday, May 20, 2005

Moose, etc.

After a harried last few days, the condo in Colorado is ready for business. In two days, the decor was transformed from 1980's pastel Hawaiian Tropic to more appropriate Mountain Hideaway. In my opinion - much, much better. Though my uncle, mom, and I worked straight through both days, almost without any breaks, there were small unexpected respites and pleasures. Every morning about 7-8 a fox still half white from shedding its winter coat would cross along the edge of the parking lot on its way down to the beaver pond wetlands below. Then on the second day I was startled by two moose walking within 50 feet of my bedroom window (they are much larger than any other hoofed animal I've ever seen). Later that night while returning from yet another run to the Frisco Walmart for drywall screws, paintbrushes, trashbags, whatever; my car headlights flickered and illuminated the moose ambling across the street again - evidently residents of the neighborhood. When it was getting too late to be efficient in any further tasks, I would sit out on the deck and look at the dark black sky light up with a multitude of stars and the swirl of the milky way. I just love sitting there listening to the wind stir through the evergreens with a heavy scent of pine while white snowcaps reflect the half moon's light across Lake Dillon. Unfortunately, I had to leave my personal paradise to go back to work. However, I'll be back (in August and hopefully several more times this coming winter). For now I have plenty of photos to sustain me.

4 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, May 23, 2005, Blogger windarkwingod said...

I WILL see this moose in your backyard with my own eyes some day!

 
At 12:05 PM, May 23, 2005, Blogger Doc said...

Whenever you want to go, just let me know.

 
At 12:57 PM, May 23, 2005, Blogger f o r r e s t said...

I can't wait to check out your place. Hopefully, this summer!

 
At 12:29 PM, May 30, 2005, Blogger roamingwriter said...

Moose - how wonderful! Sounds like a lot of work - glad it feel like it paid off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home