Road Trip, etc.
Well today is my last day at work for this assignment. Tomorrow sees the start of a 3 week vacation! During this time, I will be adding several states to my personal visitation list.
Over the next week, I'll be traveling down the Pacific Coast to the Redwoods in Northern California. I hope to go hiking in the North Cascades one last time (this year), see spectacular Mount Ranier National Park, and marvel at Mount St. Helens again while still in Washington.
Then I'll visit the Columbia River Gorge, Multnomah Falls, and Portland. Later I'll drive down the Pacific Coast Highway through Oregon to the Redwoods of Northern California. I hope to see Crater Lake along the way.
From Northern California I'll drive over to Lake Tahoe and Reno. Then its on to Salt Lake City and eventually my place in Colorado where I'll stay for about a week.
I'll be back in KC by August 20, but will be heading out for my next work assignment in Idaho after 5-6 days. While in KC, I'll be sure to get some BBQ, and I'll try to visit/go to lunch/go to Homer's, etc. I just hope the weather will be cool. Ciao for now!


6 Comments:
My college roommate lived near Lake Tahoe for a while and spent many weekends in the areas you are going to travel through. I hear it is all exciting, though the trip through Nevada can get mundane after a while.
Looking forward to seeing you. Let us know when you are in town.
Eat some BBQ for me! Enjoy the heat - at least it's only for a few days, and besides there's air conditioning.
Sounds beautiful and hopefully a little chilly.
BTW - those Mount Baker photos were really fun to look at. When I was 5 years old I could see it in the distance. I haven't seen it since then...
Brrr!
Post a Comment
<< Home