Thursday, June 09, 2005

Movin On Up...

Today I will be moving into a new (to me) house. A couple of the docs at my clinic are moving and have invited me to stay at their home until the new owner can close on it sometime in July. This will be a nice improvement over the one bedroom apartment that had been my abode until now. The place is up on the "flats" above the river valley right in the middle of lots of fruit tree orchards. It has a nice shady yard with mature trees and a few fruit trees as well. The cherries, apricots, and plums should all be ripe before I have to leave (too bad I don't care much for summer fruits). From the back deck I have a good view across the valley to the mountains beyond, and I'm looking forward to using the hammock between the fruit trees in the back yard. There is a hiking trail that leads up the bluff right across the street. My main duty while living there is to keep the grass alive. I'll be using the sprinkler system about every day. Someone else has been hired to do lawn care and mowing (thank goodness), and a maid will clean the house every couple of weeks. A big bonus is the use of the washer/dryer (I don't have to save up quarters anymore!). Of course the best part of being up in a big house by myself will be the ability to play music as loud as I want on the stereo without bothering the neighbors - ala "Risky Business". Anyone want to come visit?

5 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, June 09, 2005, Blogger shakedust said...

You have a maid?!?!

Is this mostly for the summer, or is it longer (or shorter)?

 
At 11:53 AM, June 10, 2005, Blogger Doc said...

Doesn't everyone? Just kidding, but yeah, someone's been hired to clean up after me.
The housesitting will be just for the next month, then its back to the one bedroom apartment.

 
At 3:21 PM, June 10, 2005, Blogger f o r r e s t said...

To see you dancing in your underwear a la Risky Business, you bet I want to visit. :)
This is the year of trying new thing to eat; why don't you give summer fruit a shot.

 
At 9:35 AM, June 16, 2005, Blogger windarkwingod said...

Yay! Tighty-Whiteys and RayBans!

 
At 10:21 PM, June 21, 2005, Blogger roamingwriter said...

What a great house sitting gig! No mowing, no cleaning. Sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home