Monday, September 17, 2007

Now We're Cooking

This year for the first time in many years, I received a tax refund. Using this unexpected surplus, I decided to make my kitchen more functional by adding extra countertop space, cabinetry, and most importantly - a dishwasher! The project was just completed a few weeks ago. The results are seen below.

Before the upgrade.


After the upgrade.
The changes are small but very useful. I now have a food pantry, dishwasher, new faucet for the sink, food disposal in the sink, extra countertops, and about 50% more storage space. The new countertops are extremely neutral (for resale purposes), but I like the concrete-like appearance. In the future if I do sell the place, I'll have to change out some of the appliances to get them all to match, but I don't care about that sort of thing for while I'm living here - as long as they work.
Overall I'm very pleased with the outcome. I've actually been attempting to cook a little!

5 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, September 17, 2007, Blogger shakedust said...

It is an improvement, though I don't think it looked too bad before.

To me, the difference between having a dishwasher and not having a dishwasher is huge. Scrubbing plates in the sink after every meal is not my idea of a good time.

 
At 12:15 AM, September 24, 2007, Blogger Achtung BB said...

Life is easier with a dishwasher

 
At 8:33 AM, September 28, 2007, Blogger f o r r e s t said...

Hey, it looks good! I've been dreaming up ideas about redoing my kitchen, but part of my plans include knocking down some walls.

 
At 11:04 AM, October 24, 2007, Blogger T said...

I would cook in that kitchen! :) I would LOVE to have a dishwasher. The place we're in right now doesn't have one. We do have kids--but then you get to pull out of the cabinet 1/2 the dishes before you find a clean one! GRRRR. Oh for the luxury of a dishwasher! :)

 
At 12:23 PM, November 30, 2007, Blogger roamingwriter said...

Yeah, adding a dishwasher was a great improvement. They say you get all your money back on kitchen improvements in a house anyway - probably even if you left the appliances someone would jump at it because it's very nice. More storage is a wonderful thing in a kitchen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home