If You Want To Be A Badger....
If you want to be a Badger,
Just come along with me,
By the bright shining light,
By the light of the moon;
If you want to be a Badger,
Just come along with me,
By the bright shining light of the moon.
The game was much more exciting than the last game. Wisconsin led most of the time, but it did get close in the fourth quarter. Luckily, some big plays occurred and Wisconsin secured the win.
After the football game, we went to the UW hockey game at the Kohl Center. It was unbelievable. Wisconsin has the highest attendance for hockey of any university. I guess every game is sold out (kind of like KU basketball). The fans are fairly rowdy and have chants and traditions for all parts of the game. After each Wisconsin goal, the fans chant "sieve, sieve, sieve" to the opposing goalie. Since we were playing against the University of North Dakota "Fighting Sioux", the fans also chanted "racist mascot" over and over again. If North Dakota scored then the fans would chant "you still suck".
Unfortunately, Wisconsin lost (they won the night before). Still it was lots of fun and a new experience for me having not grown up in a hockey culture. I'll probably get to go to a few more hockey games this winter. I think I can get into this sport. Now if I could just learn how to ice skate...


4 Comments:
In a game between Wisconsin and Michigan, I would have to root for Michigan.
Hockey would be a lot different to watch than baseball, football, or basketball, I would think. I wonder if the reason it hasn't gained traction as much in the U.S. as in Canada is just because a lot of Americans don't know how to skate.
I can't ice skate either. At this point, I think I'm getting too old. I've never been to a hockey game. I hear they get pretty crazy.
Wow, that is a new concept for me. Up in the North, the universities have hockey teams. That would be cool.
What a sporting day you had! I love to watch live hockey games though I've only done it a few times. I like to watch in the olympics too. I can skate - but not like that!
Post a Comment
<< Home