Friday, October 07, 2005

Fleeting Vapors

Someone I had just seen last week died unexpectedly in a car wreck yesterday. I did not know this person other than on a professional level. Still this incident brought home the frail and temporary nature of life. I had scheduled a follow up visit this next week, but this obviously won't be necessary anymore. We are but a vapor, here one moment and gone the next. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Not even the rest of today.

3 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, October 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:05 PM, October 08, 2005, Blogger shakedust said...

It's always a little weird when someone I know dies. I am used to thinking I have got another 60 years on the odometer, but a death often makes me question how long I really have.

That kind puts my priorities in perspective.

 
At 9:53 AM, October 11, 2005, Blogger f o r r e s t said...

I don't want to die until my grandkids are my age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home