I just got back from my last ski trip this season about a week ago, and what a season it was. The snow was incredible nearly every trip. Since this is basically a travel photo blog, I thought I would record some of my favorite memories from this last ski season.

I started the season in November with a quick trip to Loveland ski resort (see above). It was the only ski trip this season that I drove the entire distance. I used that road time to "read" some good Agatha Christie murder mysteries on CD from the library - a guilty pleasure that I otherwise don't usually get to do. My cousin accompanied me for a few days of getting away from it all.

Loveland spills down the east flank of the continental divide. Due to its higher altitude, it gets more early season snow and had more runs open than other resorts at that time. The weather was remarkable with warm temps and cobalt blue skies. I particularly love the above timberline terrain at Loveland. It can get windy, but when it is warm, the wind doesn't really matter as much.

Above is a photo of more early season goodness. This trip was mostly about relaxing and enjoying the mountains. I only skied a few hours a day, and didn't really push myself too hard. It takes a few runs after a long hot summer to get my ski legs under me again.

Here I'm skiing straight down the continental divide over Eisenhower Tunnel towards I-70. It is fun to think about all those cars going beneath the ski resort.
Overall, it was a great opening act to the winter season.
3 Comments:
Have you skied Mt. Hood? It's got a pretty long season.
Warm temperature skiing? Sounds good to me.
I have never skied loveland.
Post a Comment
<< Home